Fissum LINQ code generation tool

Topics: Developer Forum
Dec 1, 2008 at 6:18 PM
In the blog it is mentioned that you can generate the code using code generation tool which uses CodeDom API. I was trying to figure out this tool but no luck.

Anyone have any idea?
Dec 1, 2008 at 10:12 PM
The tool is called ModelBuilder in the Fissum install directory. There is a bug in the current version: the help file is not returned. This is fixed in the next version:
Command line arguments:
To show this help: -h
To build a C# file: -model modelfile.wimd -code cs -output file.cs
To build a VB.Net file: -model modelfile.wimd -code vb -output file.vb
To build a file from the model file: mymodelName.wind -> mymodelname.(cs|vb), just remove the '-output ...' part
To build a mymodelname.Designer.(cs|vb): add '-designer' to the command line

Michel
Dec 2, 2008 at 6:38 PM
It worked, excellent work Miiitch. You Rock.

Thanks for wonderful tool and set of utility
Dec 2, 2008 at 7:54 PM
Edited Dec 2, 2008 at 8:07 PM
Please provide one sample implementation using Fissum libraries. I was trying to create a LINQ query as per the instructions in blog, but those are very high level and doesn't mention some of the object like "project". I was trying TeamFoundation client Project type as well as Fissum project type, but nowhere I can get the Get<>() implementation.

Sample would be of great help.

I am trying to create customized user interface for the Work Item which will have lots of additional functionalities which are not part of Team Foundation Web Access. I am trying to achieve this using Dynamic Data and looking for the ability to have DataContext out of Work Items.
Dec 2, 2008 at 8:59 PM
Edited Dec 2, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Thanks for your support :)

var q = (from wi in project.Get<Fissum.Model.Codeplex.WorkItem>()

where wi.CodePlexWorkItemType == "Feature"

orderby wi.CodePlexUserVotes descending

select wi

).ToList();

Get<>() is an extension method and Fissum.Model.Codeplex is a generated workitem model from the process template of Codeplex.

Does this peace of code help you?

For the next version of Fissum I'm working on a "real" demo application, not just a console one.

Michel

Dec 2, 2008 at 9:42 PM
Many thanks for your quick response and explaination. I am very excited about Fissum APIs and looking forward to have deep dive.

Many Thanks
Shoeb