Which TFS client files are needed for Fissum to work?

Topics: User Forum
Jul 20, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Hi Miitch, I've recently rebuilt my system and haven't had a need to install the full TFS client software suite.  However, I've found that Fissum experiences an unhandled exception when I try to run it on this system where the TFS client hasn't been installed.

One of your previous discussion replies said that Fissum is built against the Team Explorer API.  Is there a specific DLL that I could obtain from a TFS Client installation, copy to an appropriate location on my system, and hope to have Fissum work correctly?

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions you may have - even if they're untested and "at your own risk".

Coordinator
Jul 23, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Hello Mike,

Fissum is built to work if the Team Explorer is installed. The main reason is I don't what to ship MS assemblies with the fissum install. When Fissum starts, Fissum search in the registry if the Team Explorer is installed and where. It must have a bug here because you should not have an exception here but a message.

If there is an untested and "at your own risk" suggestion it would be set the good registry key and put the team explorer dll as they would be if the team explorer was installed. The key is "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0\InstalledProducts\Team Explorer" or "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\8.0\InstalledProducts\Team Explorer" depending your version. and the value search in "InstallDir"

Michel

Mar 10, 2010 at 11:47 AM

Hi,

I also experienced this with the 0.8 release. TFS Explorer was not installed yet, so the application crashed.

Rudi